Savannah Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Our Trusted Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers Can Help with Liability & Navigate Insurance Claims
Although Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers operate their vehicles professionally, they do not have any special training or qualifications. As such, they are no less likely to get into a car accident than other drivers on the road. The main difference between everyday accidents and rideshare accidents ultimately comes down to insurance. At Tate Law Group, LLC, we can help you determine who is at fault and navigate the complex insurance issues that may arise, thus increasing your chance at maximum compensation.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
Being involved in a rideshare accident can be a confusing and stressful experience. Knowing what steps to take immediately after the accident can help protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here are some important things to do:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should always be the top priority. Even if you don't feel injured right away, it's crucial to get a thorough medical evaluation to identify any hidden injuries.
- Call the police: Contact the authorities and file a police report. This will document the details of the accident and serve as valuable evidence for your case.
- Gather information: Collect as much information as possible at the scene of the accident. This includes the names and contact information of all parties involved, insurance details, and any witness statements.
- Take photos: Use your phone or camera to capture photos of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and any visible injuries. These visual records can support your claim and provide valuable evidence.
- Report the accident to the rideshare company: Notify the rideshare company about the accident. They may have specific procedures to follow and can provide guidance on how to proceed.
- Consult with an experienced rideshare accident attorney: It's important to seek legal representation from a skilled attorney who specializes in rideshare accident cases. They can guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
At Tate Law Group, LLC, our Savannah rideshare accident attorneys have extensive experience in handling these complex cases. We understand the unique challenges that arise when pursuing a claim against a rideshare company and will work tirelessly to hold the responsible parties accountable. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case and learn how we can help you.
Finding Fault in an Uber or Lyft Accident
Just like in other car accidents, an Uber or Lyft driver may behave negligently. In fact, because they must pay attention to their phones and GPS devices to complete their job, rideshare drivers can often be susceptible to distracted driving.
Other common causes of rideshare accidents include:
- Fatigued driving
- Driver inexperience
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to consider weather, road, and traffic conditions
- Failing to yield right of way
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
If your rideshare driver exhibited any of the above behaviors, they can be found negligent and held liable for your accident.
Insurance Issues in Rideshare Accidents
Uber and Lyft require their drivers to carry insurance, so you should be able to file a claim with the driver’s insurance company – just like you would in any other accident. Unfortunately, in cases of severe or extensive injuries, a rideshare driver’s personal insurance may not cover all the damages you are entitled to. To account for this disparity, both Uber and Lyft carry third party liability insurance that can pay you up to $1 million in damages.
In the event that your driver is not responsible for the accident, Uber and Lyft may still need to step in. If the other driver’s insurance does not cover appropriate damages for your injuries and property loss, or if that driver is uninsured or fled the scene, Uber and Lyft should use their uninsured/underinsured insurance to cover your accident. Once again, this policy allows Uber and Lyft to cover up to $1 million per accident.
Hiring one of our experienced car accident lawyers at Tate Law Group, LLC can help you pursue the highest possible payout from both the driver’s and the company’s insurance. In the event the insurance carried by Uber or Lyft refuses to pay out, or fails to properly compensate you, our trial attorneys are prepared to file and fight a lawsuit against the companies themselves.
Protecting Your Rights After a Rideshare Accident
Being involved in a rideshare accident can be a confusing and overwhelming experience. It is important to understand your rights and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your interests. At Tate Law Group, LLC, our experienced Savannah rideshare accident attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process and ensure that your rights are upheld.
When you choose us to represent you, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident to determine fault
- Navigate the complex insurance claims process on your behalf
- Work tirelessly to maximize your compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more
- Provide you with personalized attention and regular updates on the progress of your case
With our trusted lawyers by your side, you can have peace of mind knowing that your best interests are being protected. Don't wait to seek the legal help you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your rideshare accident case.
Let us work hard, so you don’t have to. Call us at (912) 234-3030 and schedule a free consultation today.
Commonly Askd Questions
Can a Rideshare Driver Be Held Liable for an Accident?
Yes. Just like in other car accidents, an Uber or Lyft driver may behave negligently. If your rideshare driver exhibited any negligent behavior, such as distracted or reckless driving, they can be found liable for your accident.
What If the Other Party's Insurance Does Not Cover My Damages from a Savannah, GA Ridesharing Accident?
If the other party's insurance does not cover appropriate damages for your injuries or property loss, then Uber and Lyft should use their uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage which will allow them to cover up to $1 million per accident.
How Can Tate Law Group Help Me with My Ridesharing Accident Case?
At Tate Law Group we can help you determine who is at fault by examining all evidence related to your case. Our experienced car accident lawyers are prepared to navigate complex issues that may arise when filing claims with both the driver’s and company’s insurances companies. In the event that either refuses payment our trial attorneys are prepared file suit against these companies as well.
Advocates for Change
We leverage our litigation experience to advocate for positive change in our community & across the nation, including taking a proactive role in the opioid crisis.
Committed to Excellence
The Tate Law Group is an award-winning, nationally-recognized firm with memberships in the Milion Dollar Advocates Forum & more.
The Tate Law Group is not afraid to do whatever it takes to advocate for the full & fair compensation you deserve, including going to trial.
The Tate Law Group has fought for many successful verdicts & settlements, including many record-setting results in Georgia & South Carolina.
We have litigated hundreds of cases and recovered damages totalling over $100 million for our clients in numerous courts of law since 2007.
Available & Accessible
We are available to hear about your case over the phone or in-person, so schedule a free consultation today. There is no fee unless we win.
Tractor Trailer Injury $19,000,000
Nationwide Pharmaceutical Liability Resolution $18,000,000
Georgia Industrial Disaster Recovery $13,100,000
Chatham County Jury Verdict $10,000,000
Nationwide Pharmaceutical Liability Resolution $5,000,000
Nationwide Pharmaceutical Liability Resolution $5,000,000
Medical Malpractice Verdict $3,900,000
Personal Injury Involving Traumatic Brain Injuries $2,300,000
Maine Wrongful Death Recovery $2,200,000
Georgia Industrial Disaster Recovery $2,100,000
“Thank you for your work on my case, your guidance, and helping to keep me calm and comfortable at mediation.”- Jill
“Mr. Tate and his firm are very well organized and friendly. The first time I visited the office of Tate Law Group I felt very welcomed and important.”- Carla
“He kept my husband and I very well informed and did exactly what he said he would do.”- Former Client