Savannah Cerebral Palsy Attorneys
Helping Families After Birth Injury Leads to CP
Negligence in the delivery room can cause serious complications, endangering the health of both a mother and child. Many of these complications, for example, can cause the child to develop cerebral palsy (CP).
If your child was diagnosed with CP because of negligence, there may be an opportunity to seek compensation. While not all cases of CP can be traced back to negligence, the link is more common than many people think. This issue is only made worse by health care providers who attempt to cover up any malpractice on their end.
At Tate Law Group, LLC, we investigate cases of CP to find whether medical negligence played a role. If your child’s CP was preventable, we will work to hold the at-fault health care provider accountable. You do not have to go through this alone. Since 2005, we have guided countless clients through difficult times. Our total client recoveries amount to over $100 million in rightful compensation. We’ll fight to secure you the financial support you need and deserve.
Call (912) 234-3030 for a free consultation. We can also be reached online.
What Is Cerebral Palsy?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cerebral palsy is the most common childhood motor disability. Like any disability or health condition, every child will experience CP differently. This is especially applicable to CP, as it is not just one disorder but a group of disorders, all of which impact movement, balance, and posture.
There are three main types of CP:
- Spastic cerebral palsy: About 80% of people with CP have spastic CP, which is marked by stiff muscles. This increased muscle tone can make movement difficult. It may affect one side of the body (spastic hemiplegia/hemiparesis), mainly the legs (spastic diplegia/diparesis), or all four limbs, the face, and the “trunk” of the body (spastic quadriplegia/quadriparesis).
- Dyskinetic cerebral palsy: This type of CP affects how a person moves their hands, feet, arms, and legs, as their muscle tone fluctuates from being too tight to too loose. Dyskinetic CP can make it difficult to walk, sit, and sometimes use the mouth (for eating, drinking, or talking).
- Ataxic cerebral palsy: Ataxic CP mainly affects balance and coordination. As such, walking, writing, and anything else that requires quick or controlled movement will be difficult.
- Mixed cerebral palsy: People with mixed CP experience symptoms that overlap with more than one type of CP.
Our cerebral palsy attorneys can take on cases involving any and all of the above types of CP.
What Medical Mistakes Cause Cerebral Palsy?
Without a lawyer’s help, it can be hard to tell whether your child’s cerebral palsy was the doctor’s fault. Still, you likely know whether or not you had a bad experience in the delivery room. The key question to answer here will be whether that negative experience was preventable: Was it a form of malpractice or a complication no one could have predicted?
Medical mistakes that often lead to cerebral palsy include:
- Mishandling of a high-risk pregnancy
- Mishandling of a prolonged labor
- Failure to recognize fetal distress
- Failure to address oxygen deprivation
- Failure to address umbilical cord complications
- Failure to properly handle a breech birth
- Mismanagement of maternal infections
- Incorrect use of forceps or vacuum extraction
- Ignoring a mother’s self-reported symptoms
If your child was diagnosed with CP and you know or suspect that any of the above medical mistakes were made, there’s a good chance you have a case. Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
Recover Compensation Through a Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit
At Tate Law Group, LLC, we have helped birth injury victims recover compensation for:
- Medical treatment and care
- NICU stays
- Physical and occupational therapy
- In-home care
- Assistive devices
- Pain and suffering
If an OB-GYN, nurse, doula, midwife, or another provider deviated from medical industry standards, we will work tirelessly to get to the heart of the matter. Our Savannah cerebral palsy attorneys will listen to your story carefully and compassionately. We chose this line of work because we genuinely care about protecting the rights of mothers and babies. You can trust us to fight tenaciously against the health care provider who harmed your family.
Contact us online today to schedule a free consultation. Our Savannah cerebral palsy lawyers fight for families throughout Georgia.
Why Hire Tate Law Group?Your Case Deserves the Best Possible Legal Care
Advocates for Change
We leverage our litigation experience to advocate for positive change in our community & across the nation, including taking a proactive role in the opioid crisis.
Committed to Excellence
The Tate Law Group is an award-winning, nationally-recognized firm with memberships in the Milion Dollar Advocates Forum, the International Society of Primerus Law Firms & more.
The Tate Law Group is not afraid to do whatever it takes to advocate for the full & fair compensation you deserve, including going to trial.
The Tate Law Group has fought for many successful verdicts & settlements, including many record-setting results in Georgia & South Carolina.
We have litigated hundreds of cases and recovered damages totalling over $100 million for our clients in numerous courts of law since 2007.
Available & Accessible
We are available to hear about your case over the phone or in-person, so schedule a free consultation today. There is no fee unless we win.
Successful Verdicts & SettlementsMillions of Dollars Recovered for the Injured
Tractor Trailer Injury $19,000,000
Nationwide Pharmaceutical Liability Resolution $18,000,000
Georgia Industrial Disaster Recovery $13,100,000
Chatham County Jury Verdict $10,000,000
Nationwide Pharmaceutical Liability Resolution $5,000,000
Nationwide Pharmaceutical Liability Resolution $5,000,000
Medical Malpractice Verdict $3,900,000
Personal Injury Involving Traumatic Brain Injuries $2,300,000
Maine Wrongful Death Recovery $2,200,000
Florida Wrongful Death Recovery $2,100,000
Client TestimonialsOur Clients Come First
“Thank you for your work on my case, your guidance, and helping to keep me calm and comfortable at mediation.”- Jill
“Mr. Tate and his firm are very well organized and friendly. The first time I visited the office of Tate Law Group I felt very welcomed and important.”- Carla
“He kept my husband and I very well informed and did exactly what he said he would do.”- Former Client